- Experienced with performance measurement
metrics, scorecards, executive dashboards, benchmarking and BI reporting.
- Worked in
health care, banking, equipment leasing, insurance, car rental, food, mortgage, financial services, construction chemicals industries and for state department of housing
in business/financial analyst, system information and data analyst/developer roles as a consultant, independent contractor or full-time
- Exposed to an advance academic training in graduate school in
applying quantitative analysis techniques to financial, economic and operational data series and marketing research.
- Highly creative with MS Access and Excel for in-depth and
comprehensive data solutions at expert level to deliver BI solutions.
- Productive with VBA code to enhance and leverage the
functionality of Microsoft Office suite tools based productivity and database connectivity suite tools.
- Operational with SQL scripting, reading and modifying the existing complex queries and running
against large databases.
- Comfortable in agile
environment working as liaeson between business stake holders and development teams, attending daily scrum sessions, conducting meetings for data analysis, profiling and source to
· Looking for challenges to evolve my overall professional capacity into a level where I can be instrumental to deliver full suit of business
intelligence solutions in a data driven organization.
· Working with abstract data structures of key business processes and having an oversight on process flows that identify and utilize key strategic drivers to facilitate informed decisions.
· To enable executive decision makers via delivering core metrics and analytics.
Value Add Deliverables:
· Producing actionable information substantiated with a sound data analysis and presenting it in a timely, accurate and a user friendly
· Creating and implementing Microsoft Office based solutions for end users who consume reports.
· Ensuring data integrity of reporting resources and automating manual data processes to contribute to efficiency and
· Serving the mission critical business decision making processes with an in depth and well rounded analysis.
· Understanding the complex relationships among the key business drivers and entities and reflect them in data models to support a sound
and actionable reports.
· Building reporting data structures to track transactional, financial and operational activities.
· Compilation of related data sets to capture and model trends and patterns. Incorporating statistical procedures to build predictive models to
understand ramifications of activities on performance.
Wells Fargo | Compliance | Financial Crimes
| Sr. Business System Consultant | Contract
Minneapolis, MN, February 2020 to
Create UAT test scripts to ensure data integrity and quality of data mapping and loading
Write SQL statements against Teradata databases according to specifics identified in test
Structure ALM (Application Lifecycle Management) application to manage team’s testing
Work with ETL developers and business to grasp the big picture to design effective test
Prepare BRD and FSD artifacts to communicate the requirements and functional specs to
stakeholders about data structures and data flow among the database systems.
Support business continuity and disaster recovery data structures and
(UnitedHealth Group) | OptumHealth Technology | Sr. Business System Analyst | Contract
Eden Prairie, MN, September 2019 to January
Provided data profiling, source to target mapping and data analysis in an agile
Attended daily scrum standup meetings and conducted ad hoc webex meetings with the project and
business team members to gather business requirements.
Participated user story creation and feature grooming session for upcoming
Communicated daily with the business to understand the reporting requirements to reflect in data
mapping and profiling.
Worked with very large data sets and complex data models supporting consumer engagement platform
Delivered data profiling document to development team after the business sign off and provided
follow up support for any issues or questions.
Wells Fargo | Wealth and Investment Management | Trust Services Group | Data Analyst - Excel and Access Developer | Contract Minneapolis, MN, March to August 2019.
- Developed Excel based scheduling tool which
facilitates business process testing activity planning.
- Built user friendly model office week-wise activity
planning and tracker tool in Access.
- Generated reports from SQL Server database and
posted to SharePoint for the audience to track status of each business process readiness status in conjunction with the testing activities.
- Assisted project managers who overview the scope
activities within agile environment via weekly status reports that are used to support and track multiple teams’ activities.
- Modified and improved Access training database which
tracks required employee training activities and status in a suite of banking topics.
- Reviewed and improved the overall risk rating system
which was created via extensive Excel macros.
BASF Corporation | Construction Systems | Business
Systems and Information Analyst | FTE | Shakopee, MN November 16th 2016 to
Produced reports for Finance, Product Management, Pricing, R&D and Customer
Worked with SAP master data building queries to extract data sets feeding reporting
Developed Access based performance tracking tool (BIT) for the daily view by a large
Modified and added new functionalities for the pricing tool that generates price lists for each
Finance Agency (MHFA) | Business Technology Systems (BTS) | Application Development Group | Excel and Access Developer | Contract St. Paul, MN, February 19th 2015 to November 6th, 2015.
- Supported business users with Excel and Access based reporting and tracking
- Maintained VBA driven applications and modified tools for the changing business
- Worked with BA and PM to deliver solutions for the changing and new business
- Created process documentations and flow charts for the existing, modified and new
- Delivered customized tools for operations tracking and monitoring in Excel and
- Contributed to organization-wide new data structure initiative for more robust tracking
Wells Fargo Wholesale
Banking | Wholesale Information Systems | Data Integration Team | Business Systems Consultant | Contract Minneapolis, MN April 7th 2014 to September 26, 2014
- Worked with source data to Integrated Layer mapping in iHub common data
- Participated business requirements, data quality, data profiling and data modeling
- Worked with Oracle tables using SQL Navigator for extractions.
- Compiled data from multiple sources in multiple formats.
- Worked with data conformance and governance.
UnitedHealth Group |
Corporate IT | Solutions Support & Services | Health Portal Team | Data Analyst | Contract Minnetonka, MN September 23 2013 to February 28 2014
- Worked with complex client onboarding configurations for incentives and health rewards programs of the existing and new clients and
completed data loads to Oracle tables per given requirements.
- Used data models and business rules and executed PL/SQL scripts accordingly to load tables per the requirements as depicted on decision
- Executed SQL Server SSIS / ETL packages via Visual Studio in order to load Oracle 11.g client tables in UAT and production
- Coordinated unit testing and data validation efforts with the offshore team also fixed the assigned defects by the UAT testing
Prime Therapeutics |
Enterprise Planning and Program Management | Performance Quality Improvement | Enterprise Process Analyst | Contract Bloomington, MN February 11th 2013 to May 24th 2013
- Streamlined and enhanced fully automated performance quality metrics reports in Excel.
- Developed pivot table and VBA based toolkit to track discrepancies in multiple reports.
- Modified existing scorecards and dashboards via Excel macros and highly complex formulas.
- Applied enhancements to the existing Excel based toolkit that generates various automated reports.
- Reviewed the existing VBA code and made the requested modifications in several update routines.
- Developed new procedures for the existing metric reporting system to gain operational efficiencies.
- Supported the team with technical issues and worked together on the standard operating procedures (SOP).
- Provided IT support to performance engineer of the reporting team.
Target Corporate |
Supply Chain | Distribution Business Intelligence | Data Quality Analyst | Contract Minneapolis, MN October 1st 2012 to December 21 2012
- Tasked with the execution and improvement of data quality processes to ensure standards for
relevant, high quality and accessible data are met and continually improved.
- Identified root cause issues and communicate data quality issues to business
- Ensured that data is consistent, available, accurate and fit for
- Worked with the data governance teams to ensure data governance requirements and standards are
- Monitored data quality, define parameters for data integrity and compliance by performing data
- Communicated quality metrics, issues and resolution to business clients, serve as a primary data
expert on underlying business rules and data source.
UnitedHealth Group |
OptumHealth | Care Solutions | Finance | Enterprise Management Reporting - BI | Sr. Financial Analyst & Business Analyst | Employee FTE Golden Valley, MN December 2007 to July 2012.
- Prepared actionable reporting processes to update executive dashboards for the senior leadership
- Designed Excel based ETL processes to support the BI focused reporting
- Delivered monthly metrics and KPI reports to track performance within the agreed upon
- Built online navigation functionalities on SharePoint for the interactive utilization of
performance metrics reports.
- Wrote VBA procedures in Excel to automate updates and to add customization to reporting
- Created and automated Hyperion Essbase queries to obtain data from G/L in PeopleSoft into
- Put together various data integrity procedures to ensure accurate and efficient delivery of
- Developed MS Access database applications for billing, collections and BI reporting
- Provided recommendations and commentaries for action items for the key business initiatives
based on analysis.
- Prototyped user requirements and prepared proof of concept samples for further
- Converted table structures, relationships and completed data mapping process to accommodate
- Documented logical data flow processes capturing the essential updates in MS
dba Ally Financial) | Servicer Strategy and Management | Principal Investment Activities | Performance Analyst | Employee FTE Bloomington, MN October 2005 to November
- Created processes for the measurement of mortgage servicer performance for retained risk
- Designed reports to measure key metrics and benchmarks of servicing performance at loan
- Verified accuracy of all mortgage loan performance data and reported on
- Developed MS Access database application for asset managers to monitor, analyze and report on
- Worked with various groups to coordinate reporting on the portfolio and collecting data
attributes for measurement.
- Interacted with mortgage servicing partners on data feeds or data integrity
- Prepared reports on non performing mortgage loans and worked with the asset backed securities
- Acted as a liaison with IT for maintenance and development of systems and applications to create
- Identified pockets of the portfolio with relative strength/weakness and determined the root
cause(s) and plan of action.
Express Scripts |
MS Access Database Consultant Bloomington, MN
September and October 2005
- Prepared a reporting database for detective reporting in order to identify incorrectly invoiced
- Worked with tables housing the total volume of 60 million
Ameriprise - Tax and
Business Services (TBA) | Business Analyst | Independent Contract
Minneapolis, MN March 2005 to July 2005
Deliverable: Global Financial Systems Information Management |
GFS IM TREX Enterprise Net flow Initiative.
- Determined total net cash flow into the company encompassing 10 different systems that feed one
database called TREX for the entire company (AEFA).
- Prepared Access SQL statements and submit to SAS programming team to be incorporated into SAS
- This tool was intended to be used as a gauge to measure the performance of all the financial
advisors in the field in order to compensate them based on their net contribution to the company.
- Identified trigger transactions on the database according to
General Mills | IS
Supply Chain | MS Excel Developer | Consultant Golden
Valley, MN January- March 2005
- Developed an Excel based project management tool called Critical
Path to be utilized via SharePoint by 1000 plus users to monitor a new product launch process via Windows SharePoint on the corporate intranet.
General Mills |
International Export Division | Information Specialist & Master Data Analyst | Contract Golden Valley, MN March 2004 to October 2004
- Provided technical and analytical support for International Export Supply Chain division through
the creation and implementation of user developed databases and/or reports using MS Access.
- Created, maintained and requested master data records stored and processed in SAP
- Leveraged data tools primarily MS Excel 2000 extensively including VBA macros to analyze SAP and
legacy systems data to assure compliance with business processes and a high level of data quality.
- Designed and maintained department web content utilizing Microsoft FrontPage 2000 and utilizing
MS Share Point in conjunction with this web site to facilitate pulling online documents with ease for customer service reps and managers.
Wells Fargo Home
Mortgage | Operations Data Analyst |
Contract Minneapolis, MN October 2003 to January 2004
- Maintained, modified and improved MS Access database
to support compliance teams for daily testing on sampled closed loans for data integrity and accuracy.
Wells Fargo Home
Mortgage | Mortgage Closing
Analyst | Contract
September 2002 to September 2003
- Performed as a Subject Matter Expert in the mortgage closing area providing assistance to
new team members
- Worked on the mainframe based LPS (Loan Processing System)
- Provided customer service for the approved mortgage loans primarily for
- Coordinated the mortgage closing between the customer and the closing
US Bank | Corporate
Trust Center | Reporting Analyst |
St. Paul, MN
February 2002 to June 2002
- Provided spreadsheet support for ad hoc data analysis requests in
- Developed an MS Excel based tool to assist the process of reporting remaining eligible funds to
US Bank | Insurance and
Investment Services, Inc. | Product Analyst | Employee FTE
St. Paul, MN November 1999 – September 2000
- Maintained and improved payment protection sales tracking database in MS Access
- Designed SQL procedures to pay sales commissions for participating
- Provided weekly standard and ad hoc reports for end users showing weekly
- Designed Access database to keep track of cancellations rate on the credit insurance
- Developed Access database reporting application to keep track of quarterly marketing
- Supported 25 end users for Access reports and general database end user problems by phone
and on site
National Car Rental
Systems (NCR) | Financial &Technical
Analyst | Employee FTE Edina, MN April 1999 – November 1999
- Worked closely with corporate accountants to enhance the corporate unit cost
- Supported activity based costing project with Access SQL
- Collected information from cross functional departments for data
requirements and analysis
- Migrated data from Access into Oros ABC software via MS
- Performed statistical modeling for unit cost structure of rental
- Compiled financial data from corporate GL residing in Peoplesoft using
People Tools SQL